Hajj and Ummrah
Get the recommended information about Hajj and Ummrah in Leicester and Nuneaton.
It’s important to check the Foreign Commonwealth and Development Office (FCDO) guidance for updated information if you plan to visit Saudi Arabia.
Hajj is an Islamic religious pilgrimage to Mecca, Saudi Arabia. Before the world was hit with the COVID pandemic Hajj was usually attended by over one million pilgrims every year.
The pilgrimage occurs from the eighth to the thirteenth day of the 12th and final month of the Islamic calendar.
Every year, the Hajj date is 11 days earlier since the Islamic calendar is 11 days shorter than the western world calendar.
Umrah is a pilgrimage to Mecca that takes place at any time of the year. The pilgrimage can be:
- Put together with the Hajj (known as Umrat al-tammatu) or
- Done independently (referred to as al-Umrat al mufradah)
The Regulations for Saudi Arabia’s Hajj and Umrah
Saudi Arabia Ministry of Health Advice
The Saudi Arabia Ministry of Health (MoH) provides the recommendations and requirements for vaccinations and entry visas for the Hajj and Umrah.
It’s important to know that Hajj and Umrah require that you be physically fit. You may want to postpone Hajj or Umrah if you:
- Are above the age of 65
- Have chronic diseases such as diabetes, heart disease, and kidney or lung disease
- Have health issues that affect your immune system
- Suffering from a terminal illness like cancer
- Are pregnant
- Are below the age of 12
It’s advisable to have consultations with your health officer at least 6 weeks prior to your travel date. You can also contact us for any information on Hajj and Ummrah in Leicester and Nuneaton.
Before travelling for Hajj or Umrah it’s important to:
- Stay updated with your childhood vaccinations like MMR (measles, mumps, and rubella), tetanus, diphtheria, and polio
- Get the needed as well as recommended vaccinations for Saudi Arabia
- Go for the seasonal influenza vaccine
Get in touch with Leicester Travel Clinic today for more information about Hajj and Ummrah in Leicester and Nuneaton.